Door spread sensors ensure that the doors are in alignment and the net is not skewed or collapsed on the bottom. The addition of depth, pitch and roll to the door spread sensors ensures the doors are working properly, thereby reducing the fuel consumption and towing duration. The correct door geometry is essential in order to ensure proper trawl performance.
- Measurement: Distance between master and slave sensor, door depth and door pitch/roll.
- Measurement range: 300m
- Accuracy: +/- 1% of full scale.
- Measurement Frequency: nominal 90 kHz, programmable
- Telemetry Frequency: nominal 28 kHz, programmable
- Battery life: Up to 3 weeks for the basic sensor
- Depth: 200 Bar
- Pitch: +/- 180°
- Roll: +/- 180°
- Weight in air: Master, 6 kg; Slave, 6 kg